Business class sees real-life shark competition

Jordan Noland, Staff Writer

Last Tuesday, Mr. Rich Davis, took his Business Strategies and Finance class to the University of Northern Colorado for the 2017 Preliminary Challenge. Real entrepreneurs, often called sharks, and companies came to UNC to try and win the $50,000 prize.

These companies, BarMade and EZ Protein, came to UNC with their product which both were drink mixers. BarMade had a mixer that you put your alcoholic beverage in and it keeps it refrigerated and then makes you your mixed drink. EZ Protein had a similar mixer but instead of alcohol it was protein.

After the companies showed the judges and crowd their product the audience asked questions to see which company would be better to invest in. They also discussed the business part of the companies such as manufacturing, distribution, and finances.

The students then took a tour of Monfort College of Business and attended a seminar on what it takes to take classes at the school. Junior, Cameron Simpkins, said, “I enjoyed going on this field trip and will be attending it next year again.”

He also said, “I plan on majoring in finance and marketing because I plan on owning my own business when I graduate. It will take some time but it will be well worth it.”