West students attend Trump rally

Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump applauds to his audience at the Budweiser Events Center on Monday night

Jordan Noland

Jordan Noland, Staff Writer

On Monday, Republican Presidential candidate  Donald J. Trump held a rally at the Budweiser Event Center in Loveland, CO.  Over 10,000 people attended the rally, setting a building-attendance record.

Trump gave his campaign speech that lasted about an hour. In the speech he talked about Hillary Clinton’s past, including her email controversy. Trump also stuck to his planned remarks like building a wall and illegal immigration, the economy, ISIS, and other conservative topics.

Greeley West senior Anthony Adkisson attended the rally Monday night. Anthony and his brother Brandon got in line at 11:30 a.m. to have a good seat.

Adkisson stated, “The rally did have an impact on me because it showed me he isn’t as bad as the media puts him out to be. If you actually watch/ attend one of his full speech rally’s you will realize that the media is playing a huge roll in this election.”

Adkisson is a supporter of Trump for a variety of reasons.  “I support Trump because he is trying to get hard-working people their jobs back, put an average amount of tax percentage based on your wealth class, and he isn’t going to talk about terrorism control because he is actually going to do something about it.”