Naviance program helps freshmen in CLC classes

Mr. Mitch Johnson works with a CLC class in the computer lab last week, teaching them Naviance.

Garrett Fink

Garrett Fink, Staff Writer

Freshman counselor Mr.Mitch Johnson is visiting each Career and Life Choices class and introducing the students to a new District computer program called Naviance.  Naviance has many intriguing things about it, including personality tests, college applications, and research into careers.

Naviance is a website that all Greeley West students have access to.  Johnson is having the CLC classes discover what careers they may want to consider given their personality traits.  The Naviance website asks students to answer a personality test and after you take the test it shows what job careers are the best for you.  These careers feature links to various information about the career, like how much money you can make and how many years of college you need to have.

Freshman Carter Bruning took the test already.  “It’s a great way to learn about your personality and know what jobs fit you the best,” Bruning said.

Naviance also helps upperclassmen with college applications and helping them get into the college they want.