West students take advantage of after school tutoring program

Tyler Holmes, Staff Writer

Teachers around Greeley West High School are setting aside their time after school four times a week  to tutor students who are struggling in their classes.  The tutoring takes place Monday through Thursday fom 3:15 to 4:15,  The tutoring happens in the library and is open to any student struggling and willing to get help.

The tutoring after school is designated for five different subjects. The five subjects are English, science, math, social studies,  and an open art studio.

There is also a chance for students to work in what’s called a ‘study hall,’ where kids might not need direct help, but just a safe, quiet place to work.

The tutoring has been truly effective for kids and their classes. Freshman Ashley Cullen stated, “I went to the study hall after school (because) I had a big test the next day and study hall gave me the perfect environment to study.”

Students around West have seen the difference tutoring has done to their grades. This after school program gives student a quiet and calm environment to study and work.

The only way the tutoring will help the students is if the students take matters into their own hand. The teachers are there to help everyone.

The Greeley West staff has seen the difference in the kids that attend the tutoring and welcome every student willing to work. “I have seen a change in the consistent kids who come to tutoring and work hard,” assistant principal Dr. Suzette Luster said.