Music students audition for All-State Choir

Kamrynn Lipp, Staff Writer

Last Saturday, Greeley West’s choir auditioned for the All-State Choir in the choir room at Greeley West.

In preparation for this audition, all students had to have a solo. During the actual audition however, the students had to preform their solo, sing triads (DO-MI-SO-MI-DO), intervals, and do rhythm and sight reading. All of these skills are important in being successful in the choir program.  They performed this audition at Fort Collins in front of seven different judges, none of whom the students knew.

Some of the students have been preparing since the beginning of the school year for this opportunity. Making the All-State Choir is an exciting ordeal for the choir program. The students who make the cut will travel to Denver for a few days to go over music selections and make sure they are doing well with the music they are learning as well as getting put into a choir to perform with.

Senior Krystal Hernandez reflected on her performance at auditions as well as the whole group: “I prepared forever, so I think I did good. The whole group did pretty good as well,” Hernandez said.

Although the group will not know who made it for another week or so, students are very confident with their performances. Hernandez also stated, “I wish the best of luck to everyone who auditioned! You are all amazing!”