Football team shuts out Brighton

Drew Mendez, Staff Writer

After coming off a huge win from the past week’s game against Broomfield, the Spartans are excited and pumped to finish their last few games before the postseason. After the win against Broomfield, West is now in first place for their conference and has more than likely clinched a playoff spot.

Last week, the Spartans took on the Brighton Bulldogs at District 6 Stadium for their senior night as well. The Spartans took this game with a shutout, 21-0 and are their record is now 6-2.

The first half was a slow start for the Spartans, after scoring only one touchdown in the first quarter, the game was scoreless until the fourth quarter. West put up two touchdowns with one of those being a Pick Six from Sophomore cornerback Jarod Clark.

Sophomore long snapper Trey Flores had some things to say after the win: “It felt really good; we couldn’t have done it without everyone showing up every day and putting in the hard work.”

The Spartans are ready to take on Niwot this Saturday. “We have Niwot on Saturday and we will get them and then look forward to going into our last game.” said Flores.

“We are taking one game at a time. First we have Niwot to beat then we can worry about Loveland, but we will continue to work hard and just keep doing our thing,” Flores expressed.

The Spartans will play Niwot this Saturday at 1 p.m. at District 6 Field.