Do West kids still Trick Or Treat?

Tyler Holmes, Staff Writer

The question that most high school students ask themselves as Halloween came and went was, “Am I too old to go trick or treating?” Halloween is known to be meant for young children in elementary and middle school. So the question is, “Do high school students go trick or treating?”

This year there seemed to be a lack of participation out of the high school students and trick or treating. The reason for this is that kids are finding different ways to celebrate Halloween. Instead of going trick or treating high school students are going to concerts, hanging out with their family passing out candy, and lastly just hanging out with friends.

For example, this year there was a Mac Miller concert at Red Rocks Amphitheatre. There was a handful of students who decided to spend their Halloween having a fun time at a concert. Sophomore Haylie Juhl stated, “The concert was awesome. It made my Halloween night one to remember.”

Although not a lot of students went trick or treating there was still a small number of students who did go trick or treating. One of these students that did go trick or treating was sophomore Arturo Hernandez. Hernandez stated, “I like to go trick or treating to get free candy and keep the Halloween spirit alive.” This seems to be the same reason all high school students go trick or treating… to get free candy.