New voters left with poor choices in election

Kamrynn Lipp, Staff Writer

Lipp, KamrynnMany of our students at Greeley West have turned 18 just in time for this year’s election. However, neither of the choices are completely ideal. Both main candidates have plenty of good and bad attributes. It will be very difficult to choose who will be worthy to run our country.

Being a generation based on technology, media is a very important part of who we will vote for. Seeing as the media often only shows the big scandals and possible false information, it is hard to even begin to decipher who is better. Throughout our high school, there are a lot of very opinionated students on who to vote for. Social media has shown a lot of these opinions of teenagers throughout Colorado and even other states, making others conform to what may or may not be false information or based solely on opinion.

Being able to vote for the first time is such an exciting time and you definitely feel obligated to vote, but having to decide who to vote for in a society full of corrupt opinions based on only the mistakes or ancient information recently uncovered from both parties is harder than ever. It definitely does not seem like there is a good choice either way, but being able to vote is such a big part of turning 18 that it likely won’t stop students from voting.