West students take in Mac Miller Halloween show

Haylie Juhl and Delyanie McPhee pose for a picture at Red Rocks on Halloween at the Mac Miller concert.

Jana Datteri, Staff Writer

On Halloween, Mac Miller got a huge crowd at Red Rocks including several Greeley West students. .

Sophomore Haylie Juhl attended her first Mac Miller concert with her best friend Delaynie McPhee.  The two dressed up in matching costumes and met up with junior, Shawn Clark, and past Greeley West student, Hunter Bancroft. Juhl’s favorite part of the concert was when pop idol, Ariana Grande, joined Miller on stage and sang a duet.

Juhl stated, “I liked it because it was different from other concerts I have been to because of the location being at Red Rocks which made the acoustics better.”

Juhl and McPhee bought their tickets at the beginning of August for only $3o each. Since the tickets were general admission, Juhl and McPhee were standing 3 rows back from the stage.  With the concert starting at 8 p.m., Juhl arrived at 5. However, the parking was so terrible, Juhl didn’t get home until about 4 a.m. Even though she was very tired the next day, Juhl stated, “It was so much fun and I don’t regret going.”