Longacre wins No Shave November contest

Connor Fagan, Staff Writer

The No Shave November contest and fundraiser ended on December 1st and it was a November to remember with the beards both students and teacher grew throughout the month. The winner of the contest gets all the money raised from all the teachers and they get to donate that money to the charity of their choice.

This year’s winner was Mr. Longacre who won by a longshot with over 500 dollars raised and the closest to him was just shy of 350 dollars raised by Mr. Shaha who would be the runner up in this year’s No Shave November contest.

Since Longacre won, he decided to donate the money to the Freedom to Cowboy Up program. It is a Therapeutic Riding Center that provides riding sessions that will enhance the physical, mental, emotional and social well-being of individuals with special needs through safe equine assisted activities.

Longacre was asked why he wanted to donate his money to Cowboy Up. “I have been involved with them for a few years and I would like to support them more because I know they are in need of it and it will be helpful to them around the Holiday season,” Longacre said.

Most of the money donated to the Cowboy Up program in the month of December goes to their annual dinner and auction so Longacre’s donation will be very appreciated by all the Cowboy Up team.