Students forget how to park after first snowstorm

Madeline Rodgers

Greeley West cars parked in the north lot seal off the roadway. Those cars faced potential towing on Monday.

Madeline Rodgers, Staff Writer

The parking lot at Greeley West High School has been known to be somewhat hard to park in every winter as the snow covers the parking lines and leaves students and staff having to work together to make a functioning parking lot.  There is plenty of space to pull out and exit if people work as a team.

However, this year seems to be harder for students than expected, with students blocking the second isle of the parking lot on Monday during the early morning periods. Three to four cars completely blocked off the very end of the isle, leaving cars unable to pass through and causing a jam of traffic. The only way to leave the second isle was to reverse all the way back through the winding, inconsistent isle, causing students an unnecessary delay and risk of hitting another car, as the cars are already parked in wacky ways.

The cars causing the blockage were reported to Principal Mr. Jeff Cranson who made an announcement during second period, warning students to move their car or face having their vehicle towed.

As the year goes on and the middle of winter approaches, only time will tell if students will be able to properly figure out where and how to park in a way that won’t cause unnecessary issues.