New water station keeps students hydrated

Connor Fagan

Junior Damen Turnquist fills up his water bottle last week at Greeley West’s new water station.

Connor Fagan, Staff Writer

The new hydration station by the gym doors has been drawing a lot of attention by the students at West. The fountain opened for business last Tuesday when the students returned from the 3-day weekend.

Back in October, Mrs. Marianna Poling and the Student Health Committee were trying to raise money for the water fountain which cost a hefty 500 dollars. A fundraiser from a program Watershed, would give ten dollars back to the school for every essay submitted to put in the new technology.

Unfortunately, the fundraiser didn’t work out for the Health Committee.  However, their efforts caught the eye of athletic director mr. Ken Denning and he purchased the water station for West. The new style of water fountain has been called a necessity by Poling because they offer an alternate way to fill up your water bottles avoiding the germs from the spout that your mouth goes by. The alternate way to fill your bottle up saves time and keeps everyone sanitary.

Sophomore Daymion Clement was asked about his recent experiences using the new fountain. “It’s really nice to get something new finally and I can fill my water bottle up without having to use the same one that everyone else does,” Clement said. 

The new fountain at West has been stirring up some positive feedback from students and teachers and hopefully in the future the fountains can be all over West.