Student should show up to sporting events

Brody Clark, Staff Writer

Greeley West sports have always been a huge success. There have only have been a few years where our teams have a bad season and didn’t win very much games. For example, football and basketball have gone positive in their record the last couple years. The football student section always has a pretty solid amount of people however, the only time it gets huge and crazy is when we play against a rival team like Greeley Central or Northridge.

Not only is football and basketball successful teams but swimming, wrestling, and other teams have great success. Even though some sports are hard to go to because they aren’t at the school or aren’t as much fun to watch, it is still important to have school pride.

It should show that we are proud of where we go and that we are proud to be Spartans.

The experience of the Greeley West vs. Greeley Central basketball and football is such a great feeling to have hundreds of kids cheering for you and going crazy after anything. Those games needs to be like every game or meet at every sporting event. Sometimes going to an event is more than just watching, but showing the pride of who Greeley West is.

All the Denver preppy schools we play in all of our sports should know how much we like being a part of Greeley West and have a student section going crazy would be a great way to do it.