Registration for next school year begins next week

Jordan Noland, Staff Writer

Greeley West is changing the way it registers students for next year to make the process a bit more smooth.

On Tuesday February 22 all your teachers will give you recommendations for classes you should take next year. On the following day in homeroom students will receive their registration paper work and learn about all of the classes you can take.

After you finish instead of turning in your paperwork into the counseling office you will turn it in to your homeroom teacher.
In the past the counselors have had all the responsibility in entering all the students request. Over the next few weeks’ homeroom classes will be able to get on computers and the students will be able to enter the classes the want to take next year.

This is good for two reasons one it puts responsibility on the students, and two it prepares the students for college registration and shows them how the process is, given all colleges in the country have a form of online registration now.

Counselor, Ms. Kelly Stephens, said, “We highly encourage all students to turn in their paper work to their homeroom teachers and be present the day your class goes and enters the classes online.”

The final deadline for this will be March 17th. If students don’t turn in their paperwork or enter their classes online the counselors will put students in classes they didn’t choose.