Prom season arrives with fashion show

Mr. Chuck Wolfe and Ms. Mariana Poling dance in front of the school at the Prom Fashion Show.

Hailey Ortega

Hailey Ortega, Staff Writer

Last week FIDM held a fashion show during homeroom for sophomores, juniors, and seniors to attend. It revolved around Prom as Prom is April 22. The theme for Prom this year will be Enchanted Forest.

During the assembly Ms. Lea Sanford introduced everyone who walked down the runway. Juniors and seniors were handed raffle tickets at the beginning of the show for a chance to win gift certificates to nail and hair salons, from Abeille Bridal and even restaurants. During the show four tickets were called and four students won. Senior Marsela Martinez won 25 dollars off a dress from Abeille Bridal. She said, I’ve never won anything before so it was so surprising but I plan on going to check out what dresses they have.”

The raffle tickets are still available for purchase during homeroom, at lunch and you can get them anytime from Mrs. Marianna Poling.

Juniors and seniors selected by the club got the chance to dress up in dresses and tuxes and show the school what Abeille Bridal has to offer. You can also purchase dresses and tux from the store with prices around $60.

At the end of the show teachers had the chance to dress up in Prom clothing and walk down the runway. Teacher Mr. Rich Davis decided to go as Caitlyn Jenner, wearing a blue strapless dress with black heels escorted by Ms. Tara Bayens wearing a dress shirt with dress pants.