Spain trip highlights seven Spartans’ summers

Students+pose+for+a+picture+during+their+bicycling+trip+through+Barcelona%2C+Spain+this+summer.+

Students pose for a picture during their bicycling trip through Barcelona, Spain this summer.

Jaclyn Hays, Staff Writer

Last summer, seven Greeley West students and librarian/AVID teacher Ms. Susan Eastin traveled to Spain as a school trip. They left for Spain in June and were gone for two weeks. The trip was based on having a good time and experiencing a different life style, but also took the time to learn about the Spanish culture.

These students have been anxiously waiting for two years to go on the trip. Students had to save up $3,000 in order to go on the trip. The trip included a bike ride through Barcelona, time at the beach, and sight-seeing such as looking at famous Spanish architecture.

Students learned to appreciate the different style of living, such as eating different foods and learning the different languages. Eastin said, β€œI believe every high school student should be able to travel outside of the country if they are able to and experience new culture.”

Johnny Aguirre, a senior at Greeley West, was one of the seven students that got the opportunity to travel to Spain. β€œIt was an amazing trip. It was a completely whole new world. I got to spend time with my friends and see things I thought I would never see.” Aguirre stated.