Back to school night shows off campus to parents

Idriss Siyat, Staff Writer

Summer came to a quick end on August 27, as parents returned to Back to School Night at Greeley West High School.

The event kicked off at exactly 6:00 in the evening and staff warmly welcomed the parents to the school. After parents situated in the auditorium, the school principal, Jeff Cranson addressed them officially. Cranson discussed with them in various issues and gave them time to meet with the teachers of their children. The event seemed fantastic, fabulous and absolutely smooth.

As the summer winds down there is a big focus including on how elated parents surely feel about children returning to school. However, the emotions of a great many parents more closely resemble sadness, anxiety and even resentments. During a talk with one of the mothers who arrived that night at the school, she said, “I so much prefer the mother I am in the summer. I listen to my kids, instead of cutting them off because it’s bedtime. I participate in activities with them, rather than driving them to activities, and I barely ever yell. There is really nothing to upset me.”

After his discussion with teachers, parents and students, Cranson closed with the following words, “We are sending heartfelt gratitude to the great parents who understand that your visit is also great opportunity to spend time with your children and teachers and explore the school. We also invite you to come to the school whenever you wish and participate in what your child is scheduled for, feel free and have a great night ahead.”