New officers take oath as student council members

Idriss Siyat, Staff Writer

It’s the time of the year when the student’s council expands to include younger classes. STUCO is a serious matter at Greeley West. The council is the largest and most active student group in the school.

Two weeks after school started, the president and the vice president held a meeting with the help of the club sponsors where they discussed many issues solemnly, one being how to conduct the forthcoming election, the requirements for the students who are vying for the different positions and the way forward for making postures.

“Being a class officer is a great way for kids to learn how to be leaders.” said current school president Lake Sands.

The following students ran for class officer and were all given the oath of office at meeting with student’s council in Ms. Arielle Cobble’s room on Tuesday.

Caleb Sandoual – Freshmen class Officer

Riley Honeycutt – Freshmen Class Officer

Daisy Diac – Freshmen Class Officer

Saul Escudero –Sophomore Class Officer

Grace Chahal – Sophomore Class Officer

Saul Escudero stated, “I would like to run for the office because I’d love to become a good role model for sophomores. I promise to give students a great learning environment. I want sophomores to look up to me. I want to become a good leader.”

“I’d like to applaud the effort of the students and thank everyone who voted for us. We are very excited to be working with the class council and the student body to continue the success of the executive council,” said Saul Escudero.

Elected students had a meeting with student’s council in Ms. Arielle Cobble’s room on Tuesday and they were all given the oath of office.