Parking lot Shakespeare performance moved in doors by bad weather

Actors from Shakespeare in the Parking Lot perform in the Greeley West auditorium on Wednesday.

Connor Fagan, Staff Writer

The show must go on.

On Wednesday, a performance from the group Shakespeare in the Parking Lot was instantly moved into the theater because of inclement weather, which made it not possible for the play to go on outside. Then, the show went on all day long.

If you are not familiar with the group who performed, they specialize in Shakespeare plays performed outside.  Last year, the group performed Romeo and Juliet and this year’s presentation was A Midsummer Night’s Dream. They are from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and they do other Shakespeare plays, just not performed in parking lots. Yesterday, they performed for the students and teachers who signed up for their class to attend the event.

Junior Cruz Llamas attended the event.   “The play was very long and very confusing. When they were acting, they moved fast and said their lines quick and hard to understand, last year when it was in the parking lot it was much easier to hear and understand them. But I do like and appreciate the idea of the teachers trying to get students interested in the work of William Shakespeare,” Llama said.

Mrs. Rachel Hammer gave her opinion on the play as well. “I think they knocked it out of the park. I’m a big fan of Shakespeare and I really enjoyed the creative twist that they implied. I think anytime that we as teachers have a chance to expose our students to the work of Shakespeare it is very beneficial and they get a lot out of the experience.”