Z-Club recruits West women for service, advocacy

Jacelyn Hays, Staff Writer

Led by Ms. Aprille Hill, Greeley West’s speech pathologist, and Jessi Caggiano, social worker, Z-Club is a new addition to West. As of now, there are 15 members of the Greeley West Z-Club.

Toward the end of the year, the Greeley West club is going to apply to become a national chapter. This means that the club will become an official club and be nationally recognized. Their slogan is “Empowering Women Through Service and Advocacy,”

Young women are coming together as a club to interact and gain a better understanding of sponsors and their community. The Z-Club members do service projects to show interaction within the community and encourage other to do service projects. The club’s goal is to teach young women communication and leadership skills. While being in this club, you are given the opportunity to get a scholarship and are able to put it on your college application.

Right now, the Greeley West Z-Club is doing a service project collecting money for Hurricane Relief. The club is going to be taking donations from students during lunch and those who donate will receive a lollypop with a green ribbon that indicates tragedy by natural disasters. In the future, the Z-Club is hoping to do more service projects like collecting winter coats, helping women and children that are homeless or are close to being homeless, and partnering with the local and nationally recognized Z-Club. “I really like being in a group with people who also want to help others. I enjoy being in the Z-Club and it’s been a great experience,” said Jasmine Mosqueda-Villareal, member of the Z-Club.