Open enrollment window opens

Jarod Clark, Staff Writer

Open enrollment for District 6 schools began on November 1. Students will be able to enroll until December 19. Although anyone can enroll at any school, enrollments will not be taken to schools that are already at capacity.

There are certain things to think about when enrolling. Students have to worry about sports and eligibility if they are transferring to a new school. If a person transfers and played a varsity sport at a previous school they will have to sit out at least half the season for the next sport season.

Charter schools also have a different enrollment process and timeline. To enroll at a charter school you have to talk directly to the school about that.

Also, if you are already enrolled at a District 6 school and you are going to a grade level where you will change school (middle school to high school for example), then you will be enrolled at your home boundary school unless you submit another open enrollment form.

Parents will be notified via email of their student’s open enrollment status in the first week of February 2018.

Secretary Ms. Sasha Cohoon stated, “We do online forms instead of forms from school. You also need to take your grades, attendance, and the school staff into consideration when choosing.”