District families gather for dinner

District families wait patiently for dessert during the CLD Thanksgiving celebration.

Jana Datteri, Staff Writer

On Saturday November 11, the District 6 high schools, including Greeley West, organized a Thanksgiving dinner for families that are new to the United States. This event was held at Journey Church in Greeley. The whole event was held to show new families to the area what our Thanksgiving tradition is here in the US.

A few Greeley West students participated in this event to welcome families to the community and provide information on Thanksgiving. Along with the high schools, the District 6 Family Center and other churches in the area donated food for the event held by the CLD (Culturally Linguistically Diverse) organization.

Junior, Myranda Figueroa, along with her other FCCLA members, prepared about five pumpkin pies for the dinner. On Friday, November 10th.Figueroa and other FFCLA members made the pies and delivered them to Ms. Arielle Cobble.

“I really liked making the pies for this event because I knew I was doing it for a good cause. After I was done making the pies it felt good knowing that FCCLA was contributing to helping new families in our community,” Figueroa stated.

Along with FCCLA, members from NHS and Key Club donated food. Cobble stated, “This event was to help newly arrived families, and I believe that the schools in the district made that happen in an outstanding way.”