Messy McAdams munches most pies

McAdams+stuffs+his+face+with+mashed+up+blueberry+pie+during+a+pie-eating+contest.+

Idriss Siyat

McAdams stuffs his face with mashed up blueberry pie during a pie-eating contest.

Idriss Siyat, Staff Writer

Business student Matthew Hoesch hosted a heroic and messy pie eating contest on November 21 to celebrate Thanksgiving. Hoesch, who was supported by the catering class who made the 50 pies, organized the contest after the school district denied his first fundraiser, which would have had students pay money to send one of their teachers to jail.

The contest took place during lunch where all the students and staffs gathered in the hall. The contest was meant for both students and staff. The expectation of indulgence came to fruition as a mess was made by all.

After some minutes of precipitous eating, the result was announced and Mr. Greg McAdams was found to be the winner. McAdams stated,  “The pie was very good. I watched and studied eating contest and knew that the best method of eating a massive quantity of food is to mash it up. This makes digesting lot of food easier.”

McAdams took his strategy even further.  “I also stood up at time to help the food digest even more quickly. I really enjoyed the whole experience as clichéd as it sounds, it was a lot of fun,” McAdams said.