Snowflakes bring joy to student body

Bobbie Moss

Sophomore Isaiah Torrez points to his snowflake in the hallway during school this week.

Tyler Holmes, Staff Writer

Picture cutting out 1800 snowflakes out and then gluing them onto a colorful piece of paper and writing the students name on that snowflake, for no other purpose than to bring joy to the students and faculty at West.

Student council members and office student aides started cutting out snowflakes in early August and a group of around 20 students came into school on December 4, when the students at West had the day off, and the group of kids put up around 1800 snowflakes.

“It may sound like an awful time, but we find ways to make it fun,” said senior student council member Oscar Flores.

This is now Flores’ fourth time putting up snowflakes and he said that it continues to take longer to put them up as West continues to gain students. In fact, student council members were still putting them up throughout the week.

Finding your snowflake is a difficult task. Some people rely on their friends finding it and some people venture out on their own. “Finding your snowflake is tough because there is so many, but it’s a cool feeling when you finally find it,” said sophomore Isaiah Torrez.

The snowflakes have now became a tradition and the Spartan student council plans on keeping this tradition alive as the years go on.