Voting for prom themes begins today

Ivanna Rizo, Staff Writer

Ms. Lea Sanford, head of Prom organization has collaborated with the student council representatives to narrow down the themes for the big night, April 14. Four themes were favored by the council and the decision is now up to the junior class.  Sanford has set up a Google document to allow voting from junior students only, as it is a tradition for the junior class to “put on” the prom for seniors. Voting will begin immediately and will be open for a week on the Greeley West website.  The link is here:  https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFIyJ0YfmwwMkfv95syDyFqM1usnmcu7t2GKEgl88RXFh3Iw/viewform

Here is a rundown of the themes:

All That Jazz

With the classic black and white theme, “All that Jazz” will bring that 20s vibe back for prom night. Elegant dresses and classy suits will make an appearance that will send you back 98 years for a single night.

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

Harking back to the beautiful era, you will feel like you’ve stepped into a Shakespearean play. Flora, fauna, and lights are sure to make it an enchanting evening.

Tinseltown

Flashing lights will have prom dates feeling like movie stars walking the red carpet. With a throwback feel, glamorous dresses will take the breath away from fellow prom goers.

Today Was A Fairy Tale

Allow prom to feel like the fairy tale you wanted to live as a child. With the beautiful decoration and extravagant outfits, you’ll feel like the princes and princesses you are.