West Word

Savoureux! French Club makes crepes

Freshmen Dillon Fenton and Joshua Hernandez Manriquez make crepes with French Club.

Lupita Nabor

Lupita Nabor

Jacelyn Hays, Staff Writer

French Club is off to a fun start for second semester at Greeley West. Last Thursday, French Club got together after school and made French crepes. Crepes like Nutella, strawberry, and jam were just a couple of favorites that were made.

Madame Marie Faine, French Club sponsor, prepared the batter for the students. When the students got out of school, they began to prepare the crepes. Some students were successful in making the crepes thin and others turned out more like pancakes.

“It was nice to come together as a club because a couple of underclassmen showed up. We didn’t think many people would show,” said Lupita Nabor. Nabor is a member of the French Club. About 12 students showed up and were put into groups of three. Each group was able to enjoy making and eating the crepes.

After the students were done making the crepes, they got to eat and enjoy each other’s company. “It was really cool to eat crepes together,” said Faine.