Medieval Festival seeks student entertainers

Hailey Ortega, Staff Writer

High school students who are artistic and creative in the Greeley area are being offered an exciting job opportunity for a weekend in the foothills.

The Colorado Medieval Festival has been held for the past three years in the Savage Woods and is looking for entertainers for the weekend event, happening June 1-3 this year.

The festival is looking for performers of all sorts. Is poetry your thing? There’s a spot for you. Maybe you’d rather sing and dance? There are opportunities for that as well. In fact, the festival is looking for any singers, poets, comedians, musicians, magicians, orators, dancers, jugglers, or anyone who would enjoy giving street performances. Students will work for free, but will be allowed to collect all the tips they earn from their performance. They will also be provided free admission into the park and discounts at the many vendors at the festival.

The goal of the festival is to provide “a unique Northern Colorado Festival, not the same nation-wide cookie-cutter festival,” according to a press release.

In years past, the Medieval Festival has hired circuit performers from out of town, but organizers wanted to reach out into their community for a variety of reasons. It allows the festival to be more of a community experience and allows for the festival to develop its own future employee talent pool.

The Colorado Medieval Festival’s hours are 3-8 p.m. on June 1 and 2 and 10 a.m.- 6:30 p.m. on Sunday June 3. Admission is $13 per person. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 are just $8 while kids 5 and under are free.

The Medieval Festival has special entertainment each night. This year’s edition will feature the Rocky Mountain Scottish Athletes, Ironside Medieval Combat and local recording artist Wendy Woo.

Students willing to show their performance side can use the contact information to the right of this story to apply.