Boys basketball secures 31st seed, home playoff game tomorrow night

Connor Fagan, Staff Writer

Boys’ basketball wrapped up its regular season with a 12-11 record, which was s enough to secure a playoff position that has resulted in a home game tomorrow night at Greeley West High School against Brighton.  The Spartans’ strength of schedule lifted them to a 31 seed and the home playoff game at 7 p.m

On Friday February 9, West faced off against a tough Mountain Range team at home. It was a tightly contested game throughout the night, which ended in overtime. But in the end it was Mountain Range who came out on top by a score of 54-51 on a last-second shot. Stat leaders from the game were Tommy Gonzalez who had 14 points and Jarod Clark who racked up 10.

In the Spartans last regualar season game of the year (February 15), it was Greeley West’s senior night in which they honored their lone senior Oscar Flores. Flores described the night as, “really memorable and just meant a lot to me to have my whole family there along with my basketball family.” Unfortunately, the Spartans were unable to come out with a victory against the league champion Boulder Fairview. The final score of the game was 59-39.   Flores recorded 2 points and two rebounds in his final home game. The leading scorers for the Spartans were Hunter Miller and Andre Sepeda, who both recorded 12 points.

The Spartans look to make a run in the playoffs this year as they did two years ago making it to the second round of the tournament.