Luster will leave West for principal job next year

Jana Datteri, Staff Writer

Last Monday, Assistant Principal Dr. Suzette Luster was accepted by the Greeley-Evans school board as the next principal at Franklin Middle School.  The previous Friday afternoon, Luster was contacted by the District and received the news. Luster will be starting her job as Principal for the 2018-2019.

Luster started working in District 6 about 17 years ago. Luster first started her teaching career in District 6 at Greeley Central High School. “I have always loved the high school setting and working with high school students,” Luster stated.

After Greeley Central, Luster was offered an AP job at Brentwood Middle School. Brentwood provided Luster with a different outlook on District 6 in middle schools and an experience at a different school with younger kids.

“I love West; I love the atmosphere, students, administration and the school itself. However, ever since I became an assistant principal, I have always wanted to do more and get a step further,” Luster said.

Even though Franklin is a middle school and not a high school Luster is still excited to have the new position. Luster’s future plans as principal at Franklin is preparing the students for freshman year of high school and making sure they know how high school works. “I’m super excited to begin this new journey and see where this path takes me as,” Luster stated.