Ag program raises money at annual auction

Connor Fagan, Staff Writer

On Thursday March 8,the Greeley West Ag department held a fundraiser at the Greeley Funplex which included dinner, a live auction, and silent auction which both consisted of items that students made along with baskets donated from families of students of the Ag program. There were 84 total items in both auctions combined. The FFA students were given tickets to sell to family or friends prior to the event. Mr. Kelly Longacre also invited local businesses like Dupont Pioneer, Scheels, Weldwerks Brewery, Harsh International, and many more.

Longacre and Ms. Samantha Maxwell were in charge of festivities. A dinner which main dish is a choice of lamb, chicken, or beef, which was prepared by another student’s family. Along with the choice of meats, there were rolls donated from both Red Lobster and Texas Roadhouse.

Junior Mitch Bainter built multiple tables and side tables, and made a coffee table in the hours leading up to the event. Junior, Taylor Webb made a fire pit for the live auction and decorative signs. The money made from the silent auction and live auction both go straight to the Greeley West Ag program.

Webb talked about what made her decide to make a fire pit and why she likes the event in general. “It is just something that a lot of people have and the people that don’t have one want one. So it was pretty easy to decide that I should make one of them and the event is just cool to see how much the community cares about the FFA.”