’87 grad named as new volleyball coach

Brody Clark, Staff Writer

Mr. Michael Dumler was named the next girls volleyball coach at Greeley West High School last week.  Dumler graduated from Greeley West in 1987 and has dedicated himself to the game of volleyball. He has been coaching a club team for many years and has been all over the volleyball world. Dumler was going to take the year off from volleyball, but when the Spartans needed a new head coach, he decided to apply for the job.

When former coach Ms. Sasha Cohoon saw that Dumler had applied, she knew right away that he would be a great fit and a great coach. “I am so excited that he is taking the program over. He has been involved in volleyball forever and he will take the extra step to making this program better. Volleyball has been his life,” Cohoon said.

Cohoon wasn’t able to start open gyms or or get the team to as many camps as she wanted to because of her position in the main office.  Dumler will be starting open gym at the beginning of April and will be doing five camps. He will also be providing a personal trainer for the team. “He is able to do so much and brings so much energy to the gym, while still having fun. He will do an amazing job,” Cohoon said.

Mr. Ken Denning, the Greeley West athletic director, is very excited and glad that a coach of his caliber was found. “Dumler has a variety of experience with club volleyball to other high school teams. He has coached in the 5A and 4A divisions and has taken teams far into playoffs. He has an extensive volleyball knowledge and knows how to coach different players since he has coached so many different types of teams,” Denning said.

Dumler did not return emails for comments in this story.