Teasers spark interest in ‘Little Mermaid’

Mo Duran, Staff Writer

Last week marked the opening of Greeley West’s annual spring musical. For the year of 2017-2018, the school proudly presented The Little Mermaid.

Teasers happened throughout the week, with students from elementary and middle schools bused in to see an extended teaser, including 10 different selections from the musical. Four different schools were represented over two days, as the staff and students worked all day to bring a great production to the stage for kids of all ages to enjoy.

On Wednesday the Greeley West homeroom classes were divided into three to attend the teasers. The program for the high school students was significantly shorter, featuring the most famous numbers such as “Part of Your World” and “Under the Sea.”

Students enjoyed the live music from the pit orchestra as the actors put on an excellent show to preview the show.

“I thought that they were good! Based off of last year I was already expecting a lot from the program. I always love the way they set up the teasers by showing the popular numbers and they always go all out and I’m impressed by the end products. You can definitely see the hard work pay off through the music, and the actors,” stated Sara Minor, attendee of the teasers. She is planning on buying a ticket to see the full show.

“I think that it is a lot of fun! It’s always great to share your hard work with others,” stated Megan Arscott, senior in the show playing one of the Mersisters.