Fashion Club meets famous people on yearly Hollywood trip

Kimberly Alvizo left) and Elizabeth Henry right) pose with Emma Kennely in Hollywood.

Hailey Ortega, Staff Writer

Last week, Greeley West Fashion Club went on a trip to Los Angeles for the chance to visit the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising for the weekend.

In Los Angeles, the club toured FIDM and were able to hear different alumni who came in and talked about their careers and how going to FIDM opened up so many doors for them. “This was a great way to see the different opportunities that are available and all the different things you can do with knowing a little about fashion,” said junior Kimberly Alvizo.

On the campus, they went to the FIDM Museum where they saw different clothing that has been donated to the museum from different movies or different times in history. This time they saw different clothing from movies like Beauty and the Beast and Wonder Women.

Later that day, the students went over to the fashion show that was being hosted by students at FIDM where the students have been working on their own lines of clothing for the past nine months.  Some of the ideas that students at the college came up with were Renaissance themed, kids themed, and male themed.

While in attendance, the students across the stage from Nikita Dragun and Manny Mua, both makeup artists and known YouTubers.

While the Fashion Club students took a day shopping around Hollywood, they got to see the Walk of Fame and even ran into some famous people on the way. Emma Kenney who plays Debbie Gallagher on the show Shameless, Kristin Chirico from Buzzfeed, and Cierra Ramirez from The Fosters.