Yearbook makes heroic effort for students

Bobbie Moss

The yearbook staff hangs ‘gemstones’ of student names on walls. The yearbook staff is hoping for increased sales by giving away books through competitions.

Jana Datteri and Hailey Ortega

This year 2017-18 yearbook staff has put together a comic book theme yearbook. The yearbook this year is called, “We Can Be Heroes” with a superhero theme. Along with the yearbook theme release, the yearbook staff is holding two contests that will give few selected students the chance to win a free yearbook.

The first contest consists of using #GWHero and posting a picture of themselves in a mask on Facebook. In homeroom students will receive a mask cutout that they decorate to then take a picture. Yearbook staff will be posting posters with information about it and putting information including the mask cutouts for students to take to participate.

The next contest will start on May 18th and continue through May 24th. With this being the last week of school there will be an opportunity to find gems around the school with your name on it and pin it on the “Gauntlet” glove from Marvels movie, Legends Infinity War. After the week is over, the yearbook staff will choose a gem from the Gauntlet and whoever’s name is on the gem will win a free yearbook.

Look for your name in the hallways in the next two weeks for this opportunity of winning a free yearbook.
“I think that the yearbook will be full of great memories from this year,” junior Ezikiel Quinones said.