Senior transfer finds place singing

Luisa Zamora, Staff Writer

Senior Christopher Summers started high school at Union Colony as a freshman, but decided Greeley West would be a better fit this year. Summers previously attended McAuliffe, Brentwood, and Heath.

Summers said Union Colony had changed a lot over the past few years due to teachers and students leaving and made the transfer this summer.  So far, he really likes West because of how many people attend.  He was intimidated at first by the large number of students, but now sees it as an opportunity to be a part of a large community.

He enjoys how much students are involved and how much school spirit West has. Summers became notable in the school immediately when he auditioned for the top choir, Spartones. He said he was able to do this because he has been in choir since first grade and likes singing. He made the choir and likes it a lot due to the people and teacher. “He is a talented singer and I admire his willingness to try new things,” Mrs. Hannah Webster said.

Overall, Summers has enjoyed his time at Greeley West.  His favorite teacher is Webster, but his favorite class is Accounting. Summers also plans to try out for basketball and he has already joined cross country. He especially looks forward to the opportunity to play basketball this winter because he has been playing since 5th grade.

Summers believes the many academic programs at West will help in his future endeavors, working and attending classes at Aims. Summers not only appreciates the academics of West, he also enjoys the spirit of West. “I love the school spirit; it’s shocking,” said Summers.