Freshman excited to show off knowledge in AP class

Jackson Morgan, Staff Writer

Freshman Anissa Mohdreza wants to continue a legacy left by her older sister Nurnashrah. While continuing a family tradition of excellence was one of Mohdreza’s main reasons for coming to Greeley West, the school’s proximity to her home contributed.

However, her main reason to become a Spartan was a change in policy at the school.  For the first time, freshmen students are allowed to register for an AP class.  This year, West administration made the freshmen honors class AP Human Geography.  So far, Mohdreza’s favorite class happens to be APHG, which she hopes will help her on her path to an engineering college.  Some day, Mohdreza wants to study aerospace engineering.

Mohdreza wants to run track and hopefully play tennis like her older sister, but isn’t sure how it will work with her schedule. She’s hoping that through the sports and classes she’ll be able to meet new people which is one of her goals and hopes for high school. Her current favorite teacher is her choir teacher Mrs. Hannah Webster.

Mohdreza is very excited to be in high school and after two weeks, she feels pretty good about her decision to come here.  “I was excited to start school, but wasn’t sure where I wanted to go. So far West has been great,” Mohdreza said.

Mohdreza is hoping to maintain straight As so her mom will let her go on a trip to Seattle.