Student council works to make West great

Gavonne Goodwin, Staff Writer

Student Council has been a big part of certain high schools for quite a while and Greeley West’s is working hard to make its organization more visible. Senior, student body vice-president Jasmine DeMeyer talkedabout what student council does for West and her experience as a member.

Student council organizes events such as football game themes, dances, fundraisers and assemblies while trying to get the students involved in the events. It also tries to bring attention and awareness to national events, such as the national suicide prevention day, along with local school events like the West vs. Central football game. The council tries to get the students to participate as much as possible so they can have a fun high school experience.

DeMeyer says she finds it fun to be in student council and she definitely recommends others to join student council.

“It’s a good place to get your voice heard without being run by a teacher,” said DeMeyer. “When everyone participates, it makes West a more fun environment.”

As much as student council tries to make everything as amazing as possible, there are some things that need improvement.

“If I could improve something about student council, I’d get more representation at events – things like showing up for football games and such,” says DeMeyer.

One of student council’s next events is the Car Caravan and Sprit Week to celebrate the West-Central game.