Students have opportunity to show school spirit starting next week

Evelin Chanchavac, Staff Writer

One of the most awaited games for students at Greeley West High School is the football game against rival Greeley Central.  In honor of National Salad Dressing Week, Student Council picked spirit week to be named after various salad dressings. Tuesday will be Ranch dressing (Western wear), Wednesday will be Oil and Vinegar (Marvel VS. DC Comics, as they don’t mix), Thursday will be Thousand Island dressing(Beachwear, duh) and Friday will be named after the house salad dressing (Blue and Gold colors). They hope to get as many students involved by trying to keep spirit days manageable for everyone to participate.

Along with spirit week there has been preparation for the Car Caravan. The Car Caravan is similar to a parade, in which clubs and organizations take part into creating their own float and drive down to District 6 Stadium to watch the game. Like previous years, there will be judging of different categories for the floats. However you don’t have to be part of a club or organization to be part of Car Caravan. Applications are still being accepted and can be found in room 306.

Student council tries to provide spirit days in which all students can participate, where dressing up is easy and affordable. Student council sponsor Ms. Lea Sanford, who has been at West for over four years, stated, “I would love to see students that are typically not involved, dressing up and see that unity around West-Central week.”

Although West-Central is one of the biggest spirit weeks, Sanford hopes that all students participate in not only this spirit week but in the coming ones that student council has planned.

“Spirit Week is a lot of fun, the more you do it, the more fun you have with it” stated by Sanford.

Spirit week will start next Tuesday. Posters are all over the school with more information. Printed announcements are also provided in the office.