West Word

Sepeda makes college official by signing with Chadron State

Jackson Morgan, Staff Writer

On Wednesday November 14, point guard Andre Sepeda signed to continue his academic and athletic career at Chadron State College in Nebraska.

Sepeda has been playing basketball since he was 5-years old. As he got older, he started playing for the club team War during middle school, and now he plays for Greeley West and the club team the Colorado Chaos. When asked why he like basketball, Sepeda said, “Playing basketball helps cool me down and is like my happy place.”

Sepeda first visited CSC during his sophomore year when he attended one of their basketball camps. The coach really liked him so they stayed in touch over the next year when Sepeda went to the same camp, but this time the coach was much more upfront and offered Sepeda the chance to play at CSC. Sepeda said the reason he chose CSC was because, “I really like that it’s a smaller school and feel like it will work better for me and I got along well with the head coach.”

He felt like being able to play in the 5A league really helped him play college basketball because it helped challenge him to be better.

Sepeda is really excited to spend the last year with his teammates. “A lot of pressure has been removed knowing that I know my future with the sport, so I’m excited to play with less nervous and pressure,” Sepeda said.

About the Writer
Jackson Morgan, Staff Writer

Jackson Morgan is a senior at Greeley west High School. He is a member of the tennis team and Interact Club. In his free time, he enjoys going to Boulder...