Students need longer lunches

Lines+at+local+restaurants+are+long+during+lunch%2C+but+so+are+the+lines+at+Greeley+West.++This+is+one+reason+why+students+should+have+access+to+a+longer+lunch.++

Jorge Vazquez

Lines at local restaurants are long during lunch, but so are the lines at Greeley West. This is one reason why students should have access to a longer lunch.

Jorge Vazquez, Editorialist

Over 1700 students attend Greeley West and lunch lines everywhere are taking forever. This can make your eating time and tardies stressful. Lunch should be at least an hour, not only for getting in a full meal, but other than relaxing more and re-energizing yourself for the rest of the day.

These days students want to go out to lunch all the time instead of bringing homemade lunch which could save you a lot of time. Traffic between 11-2 is very packed. Not only can a longer lunch re-energize you, it could even make your day a lot better.

Junior Demitri Jaramillo said, “Students are late and as the minute passes, lines grow faster. If we had more time, tardies shouldn’t be an issue.”

Some teachers might think this idea is ridiculous.  But if you ask students about if longer lunches is necessary, most of them agreed with the amount of people crowding the lines. For teachers, this isn’t a problem because they may go at times other than rush-hour time.

Homework can’t always be done once you get home. For students like these, lunch becomes an opportunity for them to avoid staying up until midnight doing homework after their shift.

A longer lunch could benefit students at Greeley West. It may even have an impact on their grades and tardies.