Car Caravan winners brought the noise, not the cars

Greeley West AVID seniors decorate and prepare to hit the road during the Car Caravan during West-Central week.

Photo Courtesy of Stephen Paulson

Evan DeMeyer, Staff Writer

Car  Caravan winners were announced last Friday night during the football game.  

Taking the victory for the creative category was the FFA group. The winners of the school spirit category were the Poms and the AVID junior class. Lastly, the thespians won for the performance category.

Mr. Stephen Paulson, the coordinator of the event talked about this year’s caravan. “It went better than I had hoped. Even though the number of vehicles wasn’t as high, each car had around 10-15 kids in it. There were around 200 kids overall.”

Paulson had hoped to have higher numbers of vehicles this year and is striving for it next year. “Maybe next year I can start advertising sooner for the event or give discounts to the game for kids who participated in the car caravan,” Paulson said. 

All in all, the event was quite a success despite the lack of cars. The energy and enthusiasm of the participants is what is most important and the the number of students was high as well as the energy they brought the Greeley West football team.