Seniors meet to discuss graduation costs with Jostens

Ava Stephens, Staff Writer

On November 13, Jostens came to Greeley West during homeroom to talk to the senior class about how they can order their cap and gown. 

Usually viewed as a boring meeting, there were some seniors who didn’t show up, and they missed the opportunity to save some of the money that is needed to graduate. 

Of one of the many costs of senior year, the graduation cap and gown is one of the most expensive purchases seniors make. This is why Jostens wanted to do something different.

“West is known for being different in the way they do graduation, especially in the way that West is the only high school in the state that uses a light blue gown. It’s expensive to purchase a gown you’ll only wear once, which is why we did a giveaway for a free cap and gown like we usually do for the class rings,” Josten Sales Representative Lindsay Bellus explained. 

In some of the order packages, seniors can receive more than their cap and gown. For the first time, graduation Sherpa jackets are available along with other clothing merchandise. There is also a limited number of customized tankards available to the first 100 orders. 

Jostens will be in the entrance of West next week to pick up order forms and deliver graduation merchandise to those who ordered them. For seniors who missed the meeting, there are order packets for your graduation cap and gown in the main office