Students share winter break plans

Nathaniel Rudolph, Staff Writer

On December 20, Greeley West students and teachers will be set free upon a much-needed break, and the end and start of a new semester, every student or teacher will have the chance to travel, catch up on work, or even just laying in bed for a couple extra hours.

The plans for Winter Break can vary depending on the student, everyone has different incomes, traditions and religions, that can play a role on their break. Not everyone celebrates Christmas. In-fact there are many other holidays that are celebrated around the time of Christmas. Besides Christmas, there is Hanukkah, Pancha Ganapati, Ramadan, Kwanzaa, and many more.

Without looking at the different ways we celebrate the holidays, we can all notice one thing, spending time with family and friends and food. Being together with loved ones can be the most important part of Christmas. It allows us time to connect and feel the joy from others. We can all say that besides loved ones, food can be another big part of their holiday season, home-cooked meals or fast food, it doesn’t matter.

At Greeley West, kids are excited for the break as a time to get away from all the stress of school, it’s a time for them to recoup, and mentally prepare for another semester.

Senior Nayeli Enriquez said, “During the break, I’m turning 18, and I’m excited to hang out with my friends for the first time independently. It will also be the first year I spend Christmas with my friends instead of family.”

Junior Rosemary Mena decides to spend the break in a more traditional way. “My plans for winter break is to spend time with my family and friends, also relax and sleep,” Mena said.

Whether kids and teachers are going to be lazy or productive this winter break, they can all agree that this is a well-needed break from school, and they wish it would never end.