West grad finds success as Division 1 soccer star

Caaley+Lordemann+is+a+Greeley+West+graduate+who+finished+her+collegiate+career+at+CSU+playing+soccer.++She+hopes+to+be+a+professional+soccer+player+soon.+

Caaley Lordemann is a Greeley West graduate who finished her collegiate career at CSU playing soccer. She hopes to be a professional soccer player soon.

Kathryn Broderius, Staff Writer

When someone mentions girls soccer at Greeley West, the last name Lordemann pops into many people’s head. Right now, that specific girls soccer player’s name is Caeley Lordemann, who is the daughter of past, long-time head coach Mr. Mike Lordemann.

Before she graduated from West in 2016, Lordemann had signed to play soccer at Creighton University in Omaha, Nebraska. So where is Caeley Lordemann now? Well if you guessed still playing soccer you would be correct.

However, after she played for Creighton for just one year, she transferred to play at Colorado State
University, which is where she has played for the last three years.

At CSU, Lordemann has acquired many numerous accolades which include breaking the season and all-time scoring records for the Rams’ program. She said, “Out of the four years of playing college ball, there are a lot of accomplishments I would mention. I don’t just mean awards and recognitions, I also mean
school, accomplishments, breaking from my comfort zones, meeting new people, and growing as a person individual.”

Pressed for a more specific accomplishment, Lordemann turned to a team achievement: “If I had to talk about one great accomplishment, I would have to say make the Mountain West Conference tournament for the first time in school history, for my senior year,” Lordemann said.

This is no small task for anyone. Lordemann divulged, “Being a student athlete is truly a job. Soccer season began early July for us and we just ended early November. Within this short time frame, we played 21 games, two games a weekend almost.”

In one week, she attends two lifting sessions, four practice sessions, two games, 15-18 hours of class with additional homework, a meeting with the coaches, one video session and travel time to and from the games. However, she is very lucky to have her family and parents by her side, who have never missed a college game.

Although the women’s college soccer season is over, Lordemann is gearing up to take her soccer skills to the next level as she intends to try out in January’s draft for the National Women’s Soccer League and make soccer her career. While the ultimate goal is to play in the USA, the thought of playing in Spain or France have also crossed her mind.

Lordemann concluded that, “Either way, I plan to continue playing the sport that I love, regardless of where I am.”