Greeley West students partake in designs for new school 

Kylie Worsham

Seniors Mckenna Morgan (left) and Allison Dunn (right) work on project plan in class last Friday.

Kylie Worsham, Staff Writer

The student athletic training class at Greeley West High School turned a final project into an opportunity to have their say in what the new training room should look like in the new Greeley West design plan. 

Physical education teacher Ms. Jennifer Gudahl, decided to turn one of her final projects for Athletic Training into an opportunity rather than just a grade. The goal of the project was to apply what the students learned about athletic trainers and all their needs, and then design an athletic training room suitable for those needs and the needs of high school sports. 

Students were more excited about the project knowing that their ideas were being taken into consideration for the new building. “Even though I won’t be going to West long enough to see the new building, it’s still really cool that my group’s idea could be the future training room,” senior Allison Dunn said. 

Students presented their projects to Gudahl in class on Monday. Gudahl plans to send the projects to West’s principal Jeffery Cranson and the athletic director, Ryan Hilbig. The estimated timeline for the new building runs over three years but finalizing ideas and getting a design plan begins now. 

West is willing to hear out staff and students with ideas of how to better Greeley West. Students feel more like what they have to say and their ideas are important. 

“It’s really cool that the staff was open to hearing ideas from students, because at the end of the day its their school too,” senior McKenna Morgan explained.  

With the new school in the near future, staff, students and the community are eager to see what will come of the new Greeley West High School.  West teachers will meet on Friday afternoon with the design team to provide their input.