West students find new ways to spend time during quarantine

Esperanza Garcia, Staff Writer

Since everyone is on a stay at home order, everyone has a lot of free time on their hands. 

Although Greeley West has moved to an online setting, students have class from 8: 30a.m. to 12:30 p.m.,, leaving them with most of the day off.  So they have to find ways to not only pass the time, but try new things to keep the occupied. 

Some of these students include freshman Amy Alondra, junior Diego Silva, and senior Rodrigo Perez. 

When school is over all the students do something different. Alondra says, “After school is done I clean the house.” Whereas Silva watches Netflix, and does his therapy. As for Perez he says, “ I play football outside or just get on my ps4.”

Some of the students even picked up new hobbies. Alondra says,” I have started practicing art as well as calligraphy. Perez now goes for a jog once a day with his little sister. 

With so much time on the students’ hands, some of the students don’t know what to do with all of it. Like Silva who explains, “ I have a lot more time with nothing to do.” In comparison “I have more time to do stuff and I now have more time to get things done now that I don’t have to be gone most of the day,” Alondra says. As for Perez, he says, “I pretty much have the same schedule, I just get to spend more time with my family.”