Greeley West does its part to stop spread of COVID

Armando Lopez, Editorialist

Greeley West has been doing a great job at keeping the spread of COVID under control during these difficult times. There is always room for improvement, but the efficiency and communication between the school, students and parents is great. 

Students  all received emails regarding students and teachers that have been quarantined. Although it may seem like a lot of students, keep in mind that it started with a single individual who was confirmed and any other students and teachers quarantined are staying home as a precaution. 

I have never heard of COVID spreading here at West.  It seems like cases come from outside West and are identified quickly before emails are sent out.  The school is trying to do their part and is doing it well but students also need to cooperate with the guidelines. 

However, there are also students who don’t speak out if they are feeling under the weather. Maybe students aren’t feeling any symptoms and which is why it is important to follow social distancing rules throughout your days in class as well as outside of school.

For the most part, students who are very understanding of the situation and follow the guidelines to the best of their ability.  It’s clear that the majority of students want to stay in person and will do anything they can to keep it that way.