Close but so far: Class of 2022 jealous of new building’s future opening

Maryan Hassan, Staff Writer

As the school year continues, the class of 2022 is saddened to know that they won’t be able to experience the new building. Although they’ve made many memories, they’d love to make more at the new and improved Greeley West.

The Class of 2022 wishes that they would get to be at the new buildings and experience a school year that has windows, a bigger space and no hub. Most students say that even though they will not be able to experience the new building, they’re happy that their siblings get to.

Junior Raelene Castillo is happy that we will have a new and improved building.” I think it’s really cool how we’re getting a new school and that we raised enough money for it too.”  I’m happy that future generations here will be in a new building and improved environment as well.” Castillo said

Students also agree that it is a good thing West is being rebuilt. ‘’Even though I will miss our current building, it is a better idea if it is rebuilt,”  Nasra Muhumed said. “ I believe everyone will miss something about our building.”

Although students would love to experience the new Greeley West building, they are grateful to at least be the last group to graduate from the current building. “ We would be making history as the last class to graduate,” Muhumed said.

Abby Rivera Flores is disappointed by the fact that 2022 will not be able to experience the new building. “ The sad part is not being able to experience the new school , we will only be able to view it on the outside,“ Flores stated.