Who is Josh Rascon?

Who is Josh Rascon?

Maddie Zeller, Staff Writer

Name: Josh Rascon

Year:  Sophomore

What are you thinking about for your future? I plan on studying at a 4-year university. I hope to double major in environmental science and music.

Where I work: I don’t have a job that’s paid, but I do student teach private flute lessons. I don’t have a job because I just feel that it would add stress that I don’t need. I am so busy with schools and extra-curriculars, there is no extra time in my day to work.

Daily Routine: I wake up pretty late, and I take five-minute showers. I am always late to school. Usually I go to all my classes, or at least try to go to all of my classes. When I get home, I go straight to doing my homework, and sneak a nap in to make up for all of the sleep that I have lost during the week. I also practice my instrument at least an hour a day.

Most Essential Ritual/ Habit: I would say that my most essential ritual or habit is setting reminders on my phone. I feel that with having so many assignments, having an organized template on my phone is really helpful. I feel like having that ritual is very necessary. I also keep my tabs open on my computer to make sure I got all of my assignments done.

Favorite Hobby: I love performing. I play with some youth symphonies and orchestras. I also do some solo work. Music is one of my biggest hobbies and takes up most of my time, but other than that I don’t have that much going on!

Favorite App on your Cell Phone: My favorite app is Tik Tok. I feel like Tik Tok is a really good distraction, and it’s fun to mindlessly scroll for hours instead of doing homework. That sounds so bad!

Favorite Time Waster: Again, Tik Tok. I love any social media, I feel like I’m always on my phone which is such a bad habit that I need to break, but what can you do!