Monday schedule allows seniors to ‘jump into future’

Alonzo Ramirez Navarro, Staff Writer

On Monday, seniors will have a chance to get a jumpstart on college while 9-11th graders are in a practice test day for the PSAT.

Seniors  will be able to get help to complete the FAFSA , complete scholarships, learn about Naviance, college applications, meet with military representatives, and meet with employment services of Weld County. There will be over two dozen college representatives at West from 10-2 in the 100 hall/ commons. It is also important to note that the senior class picture will be at 1 p.m. in the Clayton Gymnasium.

Also available  will be an opportunity of  a college tour of the University of Northern Colorado. This UNC tour will give students a taste of what to expect when they graduate and go off to a university or college. Representatives from other colleges will be here as well meaning you can go up to them and they will provide you with any important information you should know about that college.

The employment services of Weld County will be providing more information on programs that can assist the youth with job readiness and prepare students for the workforce. At the same time, the military will be here and each branch will be discussing the certain requirements that are needed to join.

College might not be or everyone and assistant principal Ms. Amanda Jones stated, “If college is not an interest for students, Weld County will be here providing other opportunities that may help students.”

Monday will be filled with opportunities that will only benefit and help you so attending the Jump Into Your Future day seems like a good choice. If you need help in general or feel lost about college, this is a perfect way of getting help.